Is a nine-member board representing various geographical regions and professional backgrounds. Members are appointed by the Clinton County Commissioners and serve a four-year-term. Their responsibilities are:
- Review all subdivision and land development plans for adherence to the Clinton County Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance (SALDO) and Clinton County Comprehensive Plan.
- Periodically review and make recommendations to the Commissioners to enact updates to the County SALDO, Zoning Ordinance, and Comprehensive Plan.
- Review any requested changes to the Municipal Zoning Ordinances and Maps, and make recommendations to the appropriate officials for each municipality.
The Clinton County Zoning Hearing Board:
Rules on requests for variances, special exceptions, or changes in zoning for the municipalities covered by the County Zoning Ordinance. Its three members serve three-year terms.
Coordinates the activities and meetings of the Planning and Zoning Boards. Other staff services include:
- Approve single-lot subdivisions involving no proposals for new roads, rights of way, or utilities.
- Issue zoning permits for municipalities covered under the County Zoning Ordinance.
- Maintain County and Municipal Zoning and Subdivision ordinances and maps for public review.
- Maintain FEMA Flood Hazard maps for public review.
- Maintain contact information for officials responsible for zoning, subdivision, surveying and inspection activities.
- Maintain County demographic, economic, land use, and natural resource statistics.
- Provide technical assistance to residents and municipalities on:
- Permits, clearances, and legal requirements for land use and development
- Community development planning
- Recreational facility planning
- Greenways and Open Space planning
- Write and administer grants for:
- Community development projects
- Community recreation projects
- Residential housing assistance
Planning Department Staff
- Director: Katherine de Silva
- Community Planner: Gabriel Caprio
- Grants Administrator: Kari Kepler